This scheme is for women who are 10 weeks pregnant or if families have a child under 4 years old. It can entitle people to get help to buy healthy food and milk.
If eligible, applicants will be sent a Healthy Start card with money on it that can be used in some UK shops. Benefit will be added onto this card every 4 weeks.
The card can be used to buy:
- plain liquid cow’s milk
- fresh, frozen, and tinned fruit and vegetables
- fresh, dried, and tinned pulses
- infant formula milk based on cow’s milk
The card can also be used to collect:
- Healthy Start vitamins – these provide support during pregnancy and breast feeding
- vitamin drops for babies and young children – these are suitable from birth to 4 years old
For further information: https://www.healthystart.nhs.uk/