On the day of the visit the management of the home were extremely helpful in supplying information to the Enter and View team, staff members were happy to talk to us.
We were given the freedom and permission to speak to residents and to go anywhere within the communal areas of the home.
The outcome of this Enter and View visit was extremely positive.
The authorised representatives leading this visit felt that the standard of care at Timperley Care Home is very good.
Timperley Care Home’s manager and assistant manager have been in post since July 2016, both these members of staff are registered nurses.
Timperley Care home is a purpose built two-story building. It is maintained to a very high standard, thoughtfully decorated with stimulating accessories suitable for residents affected by dementia.
The staff we met were all friendly, pleasant and affable.
Residents we saw appeared happy, relaxed and well cared for.
The home provides a calm, pleasant and secure environment for its residents.
The Enter and View representative’s observed:
- That residents appeared comfortable with their surroundings.
- Staff responding to residents needs in a quiet and friendly manner.
- Residents and visitors are willing to share their views.
- That to promote social inclusion, each floor of the home provides communal lounges and dining areas.
- That there is a secure environment with staff on-site 24 hours a day, seven days per week.
- A new entertainment co-ordinator has been recruited and is due to start work at the home.
- Consideration to be given to making contact with the Parkinson Nurse to update care staff on the medical necessity for providing timely medication to Parkinson sufferers.
- As part of the ongoing review of staff wearing name badges, we recommend looking at breakaway safety lanyards (or similar).
- As it was not possible to observe the Individual Care Packages being updated nor evidence all the updated procedures due to shortage of time, it is recommended that the Enter and View representatives return to the home at an agreeable date to complete their findings
Good practice identified
Timperley Care Home is a nursing home that also provides palliative care for ‘end of life’ residents.
A butterfly is posted on the resident door when ‘end of life’ care is being provided to alert staff and visitors to be considerate.