The Enter and View visit enabled us to obtain more understanding of the lives of residents living in Flixton Manor Care Home.
The Enter and View representatives noted that the corridors of the home are narrow and the staircases are steep, there is a lift in operation at the home.
We observed that the lounge areas are light and well decorated and the home was clean and warm.
- The staff we met were all friendly and pleasant.
- At the time of our visit the residents we observed appeared comfortable, the ambience of the home was busy but calm.
- Residents appeared safe in their surroundings.
- Staff are attentive to the needs of the residents.
- Residents and visitors were willing to share their views.
- To promote social inclusion, the home provides communal lounges with dining area.
- There is a secure environment with staff on-site 24 hours a day, seven days per week.
- The Manager to work with staff at Flixton Manor to ensure that they respond to resident’s requests to use the toilet within an appropriate time.
- Monitor that daily tasks carried out by staff for residents have been done and recorded correctly in checklists.
- Enable residents being able to exercise choice in personal hygiene.
- Review communication needs of residents to ensure that residents can communicate effectively with friends and family outside the home.
- Refresher Dignity and Respect training for care staff.
- Review the administering of medication to residents by staff to ensure that residents are receiving medication at the appropriate time.
- Have procedures in place to ensure that residents are eating and drinking sufficiently.