Lynwood Lodge Residential Care Home provides personal care and accommodation for up to 24 older people.
95% of residents at the Home live with various degrees of dementia.
- All residents we listened to spoke of their satisfaction at living at the Home.
- Relatives we spoke to on the day of the visit complimented the care delivered by staff at the Home.
- The Home is welcoming and well-staffed.
- Staff are clearly happy at Lynwood Lodge and this permeates the atmosphere providing very good responsive interactions with the residents.
- We found the Home to be very well managed.
- The Home has an open-door policy and visitors were present during our morning session. There is a signing-in book for visitors on arrival at the Home.
We feel that the creation of a ‘passport’ for each resident’s eyesight requirements and a photograph of the spectacles the individual has purchased is good practice.